We (Geotek) are committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of our customers and website visitors and the information held by us.
This policy outlines how and when we may collect data from you and how and when that data is used. It also includes how to contact us to access, change or withdraw your data.
On this website, in person or via email you may provide us with your information for various reasons if you:
– contact us regarding a sales enquiry
– contact us to request additional information
– contact our support or service department
– choose to subscribe to our newsletter
– complete a customer support request
– contact us regarding job vacancies and applications
The information requested for each of these events may include:
– company or institution
– job role
– telephone number
– fax number
– email address
– information about your existing product
– information about your product application
– details relevant to a job application
We may receive information from you via other sources such as social media if you connect with us and such data may be collated with existing data we hold.
How the Information is Used
We use your data in order to:
– keep you updated with any safety related issues
– provide you with product information
– provide technical or after sales support
– to carry out sales contract obligations, including delivery and installation of products
– send you our email newsletter
– to provide you with customised support in relation to the equipment you have purchased
– to provide you with relevant information in relation to your equipment and applications
– adhere to tax laws, such as keeping sales information for a certain length of time
– to inform you of job vacancies
We take responsibility of your data and the protection of it very seriously and will only share it to:
– ship products to you under a contract of sale, in which case we are required to share your information with a shipping agent
– share marketing information with you such as our newsletter for which we use email campaign system
– to record the details of sales and enquiries for the purposes of running the business
– to fulfil our legal obligations in relation to radioactive sources
– to fulfil our obligations under UK taxation laws
Transfers of Personal Information Outside of the EU
We may use third party service providers to send marketing material via email and store or process your information in the US and other jurisdictions with different data protection laws than the EU. For these services we rely on Privacy Sheild as the basis for the transfer. The following hosting and service providers we use are Privacy Seal registered and compliant;
– Google inc
You have rights regarding your data;
You have the right to request and access a copy of the data we hold about you. You may contact us at any time us to request this using the contact information below.
Change and withdrawal
You may contact us at anytime to request a change or withdrawal of the data we hold except whereby we have certain legal obligations to retain data for UK tax purposes, however yo may ask to remove all remaining data not required to be retained by law.
Object and complain
You may at any time object to us using your information which you provided either by unsubscribing from our newsletter or sending a request to us using the contact information below. Additionally if you reside within the EU you may also make a complaint about how we have used your data to your local supervisory authority.
How to contact us
For the purposes of EU data protection law under GDPR, we Geotek Ltd are the controller of your personal data provided to us online or in person, or via a sales contract or enquiry.
You may contact us at:
+44 (0)1327 311666